We are members of the National Association of Memorial Masons.
This organisation is dedicated to furthering the memorial masonry industry and safeguarding the interests of the bereaved through the promotion of high standards, wide choice and increased understanding in all matters relating to natural stone memorials.
We are also on the NAMM Register of Qualified Memorial Fixers (RQMF) and our staff are licensed fixers of memorials under this scheme.
This Register is a simple database of memorial fixers/installers/erectors who have proven competency to install a headstone and base to the required standard as detailed in the NAMM Code of Working Practice, this being demonstrated by achieving a nationally recognised qualification:
- the full Cskills S/NVQ Level 2 award for Stonemasonry; or
- the QCF194 unit of the S/NVQ Level 2, Fix and Secure Masonry; or
- the NAMM Fixing a Memorial to the Code of Working Practice, City & Guilds Accredited Qualification.
In order to be eligible to appear on the register you must be a company or individual engaged in the supply, sale, fixing or repair of Memorial Masonry. At least one qualified fixer must be employed or listed by each business and you must satisfy the following requirements:
The company or self-employed person:
- Shall submit to the Registrar the information required to complete the aforementioned list.
- Update and confirm these details on an annual basis.
- Shall submit to the Registrar, details of those who hold the relevant award, to be included on the list of registered memorial fixers.
- Copy of the award certificate for each person can then be checked with each awarding body to have it validated.